Friday, July 28, 2006

Blessings in disguise

As much as I'm loving the down time, and becoming acquainted with our new home, there are some things I miss that are in Colorado. Everything was comfortable- our weekly routine, friends, our jobs, church, and our neighborhood. Moving is an adventure, and with a new home and neighborhood, it tkes time to meet new friends, find a church, job, and a routine that works for you. Althoug, I must admit... there were times I hated our routine in Colorado, as I felt it prohibitted us from being spontaneous or venturing to the mountains for a hike.
Well, Bend offers so many new routines for both Larry and I, and I just wanted to be sure and recognize the blessings that we've seen thus far:
  • Picnic Lunches at Drake Park at noon on a weekday!
  • Biking to the Wednesday Night Farmer's Market, and then for gourmet pizza on the way home!
  • Meeting perfect strangers, welcoming us to Bend and giving of their time and recommendations.
  • So close to the mountains, that traffic is only fifteen minutes!
  • Mountain breezes that come through our front bay window.
  • Meeting a new dog everday that has just gone for a swim in the Dechutes River.

No comments: